Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Knitting 101

The women in my sock class were an interesting mix. I love the way knitting brings people together. As diverse as these women seemed to be, in personality, in background and in age, they were beginning to enjoy each other's company. ~ Lydia

The above quote comes from Debbie Macomber's book "A Good Yarn." It is a wonderful book which started my desire to knit again, but that was a year ago. ;D I have read both of her books and would love to read any more she chooses to write for this series but for now I will settle for something better. She has created knitting books based on the series ~ "Knit along with Debbie Macomber." I checked out the one for "A Good Yarn" and eagerly awaiting the opportunity to knit something from the pages. I have chosen the lovely maverick laprobe and my oldest dd suggested that we knit it together. Hmm, a group project and I can get rid of my stash faster too. I'll have to give this some thought.

My new project is coming along very well and I am really enjoying reading about knitting. I have also come across a book titled "Scarves and Shawls for Yarn Lovers" that has helpful tips for knitting. I jotted down the following in my new craft project notebook:
1. have a notebook for keeping track of project progress and need supplies
2. knitting reference book
3. supplies ~ don't need to be expensive, just yarn, needles, a yarn needle and scissors
4. yarn label reading will help me with future patterns

More later. Have a good night.

No comments: