Welcome Secret Pal and thank you,
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? My favs are LB's cotton, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino and Merino DK, Sock yarn and soft acrylics ~ lovely baby yarn.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Currently all needles/hooks are in their original packaging in my tote bag.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I am a beginner. I learned to knit when I was 12yos from a friend of the family and started again 6mos ago.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have an amazon (link in sidebar) and cbd wish list.
5. What's your favorite scent? Sunflowers and a newbie ~ Sensual Amber (personal); for home ~ fresh linen or vanillas.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes, anything chocolate ~ Cadbury Dairy Milk is a fav.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I crochet, cross-stitch, sew, make wreathes and I'm learning to draw. I don't spin but maybe one day.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Mostly classical along with christian rock and contemporary. My computer/stereo is MP3 equipped.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Red, red, did I mention red. I don't really have a color I can't stand ~ I love color especially bright ones.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am a wife and mother of 3, whom I homeschool. We have a 2yo german shepherd mix named "poochie."
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, especially scarves and hats.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Baby things and footie socks.
13. What are you knitting right now? A shawl, knitted puffy and dishcloth.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes, these are special gifts.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I love circs but use all types. Do prefer aluminum but have fallen for Brittany Birch's thx to SP10 pal and bamboo is nice.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, my two hands and those of my children. All jokes aside, I now own a swift.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Not counting items in storage ~ hmm, almost 2 yrs old.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Lighthouses, books, band shirts/buttons.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I'd like more Brittany needles. I have e-magazine subscriptions, borrow anything else from the library and have a subscription to Interweave Knits for at least 2 more issues. I also get Lion Brand/Tahki/SWTC and more updates which I enjoy. You can look at my wishlist for books I'd like to own.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Not at the moment.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I love knitting in the round and short heel rows. Heel to toe - 9.5"; Toe to ankle - 7.5"; shoe size 7.5/8
23. When is your birthday? Nov 12th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Waiting for my invite ;D