Thursday, August 30, 2007
if needles count, my circs ~ but the one accessory I couldn't live without is my "folding scissors." I use them for everything and they fit in my pocket nicely. ;D
2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project?
now I do but before I only took a book and my crochet or cross-stitch. recently, I've taken dishcloths and small projects.
3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?
the beach ~ but starbucks if you mean locally.
4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?
at knits end by yarn harlot ~ no I don't own it.
5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)?
6. If you could only knit with 1 color for the rest of your life, what color would that be?
hmm, red ~ lots of red. ;D
7. If you were far into a project and then noticed a mistake near the beginning what would you do?
depends on the project ~ since I've only done small ones, I've ripped them back.
8. Where is the most unsual spot you've ever knit?
I'm not sure any spot is unusual anymore ~ my most unusual spots were the golf tournaments and rock concerts. :D
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Monday, August 27, 2007
Saturday, August 25, 2007
I'm so glad to report that I don't have to start this post like that nor do I have to be sad any longer. It appears that my camera and its batteries were the problem. Most of the pics are gone that were on the camera but since we had uploaded those to the computer it was ok. I'm not sure what happened but the camera and software worked together and rebooted my camera with the pics that hadn't been loaded. Yeah me! So here are the pics I wanted to share and I'll try to describe them. ;D
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Monday, August 20, 2007
What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them?
Crocheting ~ 30+yrs, Knitting ~ consistently for 6mos, Cross-stitch, Wreath making, Sewing and various other handicrafts for over 20yrs or so.
Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
Veg-friendly w/a dh who is moving toward being vegetarian again.
Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you?
No, this is not my first swap, I've done several and love doing them. The the most enjoyable part is putting together something special for someone else.
What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?
Reds, no dislikes that I know of.
Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?
Some cat dander, cigarette smoke and hazelnut.
Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?*
Yes, his name is Dude Jr but he is called "Poochie". He is a german shepherd mix.
Do you collect anything?
Books, lighthouses and sea shells.
Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)
My fav food is chinese. My fav snack is cookies and chocolate ~ gotta have chocolate but I am open to trying new things.
What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever - Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.)
Hmm, not sure that I have any flavors I don't like. I am partial to all especially sweets and chocolate though I have my moments when something salty, nutty, tart would be really good. Again, I'm open to trying new things which is how I came to love curry foods.
What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)
A yarn winder would be nice but more practical would be small size needles in circs or dpns ~ I prefer birch or aluminium. I don't really have too much of anything yet. ;D
Are you on Ravelry? What's your handle?
Yes ~ I'm RockstarMom
Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
I'm a stay at home mom of 3 teens, married and love to volunteer. I've renewed my love of fiber to include yarns of all types and I'm loving my new found hobby more than I did when I first learned at 11yo. I'm looking forward to this new adventure and making new friends. ;D
What scents do you like/dislike?
Vanilla, amber, sunflowers, and fresh, clean scents. Plain Eucalyptus makes me sneeze ~ but mixed w/other scents like spearmint is lovely.
Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme?
Fall is my favorite time of year ~ I'm a fall baby born in Nov. ;D
Just for fun - tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory.
Hmm, there are alot of memories ~ I'll get back to you on this one.
Friday, August 17, 2007
More info and pics later this weekend. Now off to watch football w/dh. Have a great evening!
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
You signed up on June 16, 2007
You are #9553 on the list.
791 people are ahead of you in line.
15813 people are behind you in line.
34% of the list has been invited so far
I started the new KAL with my Love2KnitDishcloth group called the "Toss n Roll" cloth. I've managed to finish over 1/2 of the cloth already and I've got about 15 more rows to go. Here is how it looks so far ~ this one is addictive and I've got plans to use up more scraps to make another:
Monday, August 13, 2007
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Monday, August 06, 2007
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? My favs are LB's cotton, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino and Merino DK, Sock yarn and soft acrylics ~ lovely baby yarn.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Currently all needles/hooks are in their original packaging in my tote bag.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I am a beginner. I learned to knit when I was 12yos from a friend of the family and started again 6mos ago.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have an amazon (link in sidebar) and cbd wish list.
5. What's your favorite scent? Sunflowers and a newbie ~ Sensual Amber (personal); for home ~ fresh linen or vanillas.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes, anything chocolate ~ Cadbury Dairy Milk is a fav.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I crochet, cross-stitch, sew, make wreathes and I'm learning to draw. I don't spin but maybe one day.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Mostly classical along with christian rock and contemporary. My computer/stereo is MP3 equipped.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Red, red, did I mention red. I don't really have a color I can't stand ~ I love color especially bright ones.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am a wife and mother of 3, whom I homeschool. We have a 2yo german shepherd mix named "poochie."
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, especially scarves and hats.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Baby things and footie socks.
13. What are you knitting right now? A shawl, knitted puffy and dishcloth.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes, these are special gifts.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I love circs but use all types. Do prefer aluminum but have fallen for Brittany Birch's thx to SP10 pal and bamboo is nice.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, my two hands and those of my children. All jokes aside, I now own a swift.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Not counting items in storage ~ hmm, almost 2 yrs old.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Lighthouses, books, band shirts/buttons.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I'd like more Brittany needles. I have e-magazine subscriptions, borrow anything else from the library and have a subscription to Interweave Knits for at least 2 more issues. I also get Lion Brand/Tahki/SWTC and more updates which I enjoy. You can look at my wishlist for books I'd like to own.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Not at the moment.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I love knitting in the round and short heel rows. Heel to toe - 9.5"; Toe to ankle - 7.5"; shoe size 7.5/8
23. When is your birthday? Nov 12th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Waiting for my invite ;D
Sunday, August 05, 2007
“There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.”
Thursday, August 02, 2007
I thought I'd share my goodies w/you. Well, you can't actually try them but you can see them. I took pics of the pringles because they are so tiny, they are cute. They are good too ~ especially the sundried tomato ones. ;D
June SPE from Keni ~ Thx
Nothing much happen around here other than cleaning, paying bills and knitting. ;D I started on my Louet spa set and also on my All Occasion tote which is crocheted. I'm enjoying my evening. Off to eat dinner and sit outside for awhile. Have a wonderful evening.
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Now back to the regularly scheduled broadcast...hmm I think I forgot where I was. Anywho here are the skeins I've chosen for the August KnK. I'm ready. Keep your fingers crossed that I finish lots of one skein projects.
Louet Euroflax Linen ~ Red & KnitPics Shimmer ~ Happy Dance (btw, both of these are gifts from No Sheep & Knitter's Coffee Swaps)
I leave you with this ~ Have a great evening!
Dish & Wash cloths ~ the blue spinning wheel is Riley's birthday present ;D Faded Denim is done in a windowpane, you can see the pattern here.
No Sheep Pal Chan July package ~ lovely red Bamboo :D
Better pic of my June Tote Swap yarn ~ Barb said more goodies in the mail. I'll be making this ~ its a free LB pattern "All-Occasion Tote"
This is my July SPE from Michelle. Thx ;D
Thats all for now!
I also received some help with my lace shawl and I started on it today. I am a bit concerned with the yarn because its so tiny and woolly ~ meaning its picks, but I love the way the pattern is turning out. I’m 3 rows from starting the actual lace pattern and I can’t wait. I had to switch stitch markers 3x because my metal ones were picking the fiber. Sk8Chick loan me one of her plastic ones and I will have to add some of these to my collection though I believe I received some in a swap but don’t know where I put them. LOL
Speaking of don’t know where I put things, I’ve been cleaning up around here and it feels good to find things you thought you lost or didn’t even know you owned. I’ve been working in the master bedroom because that’s where I store my stash. ;D Its coming along very nicely too. I’ve managed to sort all the yarn and place them in an order that will work well for now. I’ve got all the speciality, gift/present and sock yarn in one tote ~ all the yarns are in bags within the tote to protect them. I’ve placed all the acrylic and fun yarns in another and I had to put the cotton and baby yarns in separate boxes. I still have to figure out what to do with the frog pond bags and old ufo’s ~ they are not as many as they once were but still a bag of each is too much. I may box them up since I’m packing for our move. This will help with the main packing too because everything will already have been packed. ;D
Today, I will work on the books in my room ~ so many books, not enough space. We love books so there are books in every nook and cranny of our home and garage. I will be selling some of these books soon to make more room for us and more books. LOL I’ve some books for the sole purpose of selling and some for sell because we have finished with them or have multiple copies. I’m planning to get this all done so we can get back to school but the move and the upcoming fair will probably delay that some more. I’m not concerned, I’ve laid these cares at the feet of my Lord who has given me peace about it all. I was really stressing about not having a sparkling clean house, orderly kiddos and dog, doing summer school promptly at 9a and being all that I can be! This morning’s devotional and time spent outside pondering ~ I realized that I was doing what I was suppose to do and that the rest will take care of itself or be done in due time. I need to relax more and not be such a type A individual about everything. I’m not getting any younger and I’m not helping my life to be longer by worrying. So, it will all get done when needed, I will be at peace and knitting/crocheting to my heart’s content. I really am more content since I relaxed and began enjoying my life again. I thank my renewed passion in crafts for that and of course, my new friends ~ locally and in the blog-o-sphere. You guys are awesome.
Talk w/you all again soon.
~ at the homestead ~
sounds ~ Handel’s Water Music & Audio book ~ Fullcupboard of Life
smells ~ Spiced Cider wallflower
doing ~ playing yarn bingo, making a dishtowel and planning
thoughts ~ peaceful
Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following. They do not have to be favorites, but they MUST be real places, names, things…NOTHING made up!
Try to use different answers if the person before you had the same 1st initial.
You CAN’T use your name for the boy/girl name question.
If you can’t think of anything, skip it.
Your Name: Dawn
4 letter word:
Things in a Souvenir Shop:
Pro Sports Teams:
Reason for Being Late for Work:
Something You Throw Away:
Things You Shout: