Oh boy, oh boy ~ I'll admit I'm a big kid and I love "Fall." This exchange was designed w/me in mind. LOL
Welcome and thank you exhange partner
1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?
Both. Knitting consistently since Jan 07 ~ Crocheting for 30+ yrs
2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
Yes ~ both
3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?
Lion Brand Cotton ~ not sure but open to trying new things.
4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?
Circs. Prefer metal Bates (w/black cord). Love birch wood but have only used dpns.
5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?
Reds are my absolute fav but I love color and I've not met one I don't like yet.
6. What do you like best about Autumn?
The colors ~ the beauty of the scenery especially in the mountains. ;D
7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!
All of 'em.
8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?
I couldn't wait ~ still can't especially when I taught computers. I would create 2 first days of school ~ one in Sept and another in Jan to ward off winter blues. I homeschool now and still enjoy the first day effect especially since its the best time of the year.
9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)
I don't celebrate halloween though we do allow our dc to go trick-or-treating usually because they are the big brother/sisters for the neighborhood. we also pass out candy but we don't decorate in halloween its all harvest related. so no globins, witches, mummies or that kinda stuffy here ~ but I love candy corn ;D
10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
1. chocolate, 2. cookies ~ butter & sugar, 3. cake (homemade of course)
11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)
Yes, 1 dog ~ 2yo german shepherd mix, 3 dc ~ 19yo dd, 16yo dd & soon to be 15yo ds and of course the hubby ;D
12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?
hmm, I don't know ~ I haven't tried that many yarns yet. I'm very complex, can be intense at times, love to be alone to sit and ponder but love to be apart of the group and join in the fun, love adventure and travel but what yarn would describe that ~ one thing for sure ~ red would be its primary color. ;D
13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)
My Birthday ~ heehee. Thanksgiving ~ the colors, smells and the childhood memories of family celebrating, watching football and lots of food.
15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?
I'm allergic to hazelnut but love it anyway and to some cat dander. I usually take claritin d and deal w/it.