Monday, September 03, 2007

Socks & more on the horizon

yep ~ more socks. I'm enjoying this very much. Didn't know I would like making socks but I do. Yesterday, I started my Garter Bars by Sockbug and I'm really liking them though I've only finished the ribbing and have just started the leg rounds. I'm looking forward to these and will also get dh's argyles back OTNs hopefully today.

Over at stashalong we are starting another kal n kal. This month's theme is "finishing" and thats very timely at least for me. I've got several things I'd like to finish but I will focus on the frozen lake shawl. Its really an easy pattern and I know I can do it but I've set aside and forgotten about it. I think I'll have to allot time for each project, you know like we do for our reading or school classes. In this way, I should be able to work on each project a little at a time. Hmm, really will need to plan this one so that the CPVest, which is abit big to carry around, will not be neglected either. I've slowed down on my knitting since I pulled a muscle in my upper back. I've worked a few rows a day though so that I don't lose too much momentum on getting it done. I've started the 2 set of color changes for the back and I'm pleased with that.

My garter bar socks are for my Aug-Sept challenge for the Sock Knitter Anonymous group. I'm excited because these will be my first full length, almost full length ~ I prefer calf, adult socks. I wanted to join the monkey sock swap but failed to send my email ~ its still in my draft queue. LOL I will be updating my sidebar w/more buttons and a FO section but for now have been striking thru my WIPs. ;D

I received my Summer Yard Sale swap package from Sharon. Its too cool.

~ calligraphy pen set
~ calendar notepad
~ 2 spiced wax tarts
~ 2 Caron patterns (shrug and wrap)
~ 4 skeins of Caron's Simply Soft Shadow
~ Country Home & Garden tote
~ 1 Green/blue/yellow/beige sweater for recycling*
*however, Riley wants to keep it.

Thx a bunch Sharon ~ I love my package.

Off to work on homeschool stuff, book study stuff, birthday presents, more knitting and stuff.

Have a wonderful Labor Day!

No comments: