Sunday, July 06, 2008

~ Jul 6th ~

its been a very good day ~ I got to get out of the house around 3p and hangout at a coffee shop. I'd never been to this one and I had a blast. I also got some major instant gratification in too ~ I made 2 crocheted dishcloths, count 'em ....one, two. They are the same, yet they aren't. I did one using a G hook and the other a J which is a little bigger than the other but I don't care. I love them and one will be for my L2KDC pal in our next exchange.

Yarn ~ Sugar n Cream ~ Creamsicle

I also started on my monthly dishcloth kal and I managed to get 18 rows done today. I hope to finish it off by tues. Here is a pic, not sure the color yet but its kinda turquiose though this month's color was teal or shrimp ~ didn't have either so I improvised. ;)

Yarn ~ Peaches n Cream
Needles ~ #8 circs I've also made some progress on the B2S and I am liking it very much.

Its very hot around here and we will definitely need to make a change because we are starting to have difficulty breathing. We know we need to move and its just a matter of finding the right place, at the right price too. I don't want to have to work full-time or increase my pt hours to be able to afford a place because it would make homeschooling very challenging. It is definitely something our family is praying about.

Sk8chick treated us to dinner and then we went to Sbux for some knitting time ~ it was fun though noisy at times. We cashed in on some treats and now we are home. The kiddos are watching a movie and I'm updating my blog. Not much else to report, so I'll talk at ya later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute dishcloths! You should call them 'Candy Cane Dishcloths' instead of flower!

Glad you had a nice day! I'm lucky to live in a place with quite a few coffeeshops within walking distance from my house. It's very nice to be able to go places on a whim without having to drive.

Are you able to move to a different area that's cooler but still get to work?

Anonymous said...

Ran across your post while searching for crocheted dishcloths. Love your 'Flower', hadn't seen that pattern. Good luck with your knitting - never could get the hang of it!