Monday, March 26, 2007

1st SAL Goal ~ Done!

Hello all,

I've been MIA of late, working on things around the house and school. However, I did manage to complete my first SAL goal though I earned a strike too. ;)

Last week, I finished off the last 12 oz of my original plan under option #1:
CAS Seaman scarf dark blue yarn - done
Child's scarf red/silver yarn ~ done and now known as the skein of yarn from hell ;D
Blanket squares true red ~ done
~ there is only a small amount of each left which I will put in the pile for the scrap scarf I'd like to make. I am hoping for some advance regarding the Seaman scarf because it doesn't look quite right to me. I'll upload pics as soon as I get the camera working.

Now about that strike ~ I had gone to a local store to purchase some cable needles. There was a 40% sale on all knitting and crochet notions ~ woohoo. I picked up many needed items then started looking for the yarn I needed to complete my Country Cousins blanket in yellow and green ~ I had used up all that I had in stash but needed 2 more skeins to finish the blanket. I didn't find what I needed, but found 3 clearance bins of yarn. There were several brands for sale and lots of variety. Each skein cost from $.47 to $1.78, such a bargain I was willing to take the strike for the ones I bought for myself ~ Lion Brand Wool Ease and TLC Essential. I purchased about 10 skeins for me and several for gifts and my dc stash ~ they've even started a knitting group in the neighborhood. ;) I'll upload pics of these too. Funny thing, since my dc started their little knitting group, I've lost about 3 skeins of this sacred purchase. LOL

Its been a productive two weeks and I am looking forward to doing more in the next few days especially with my new yarn. I am looking through lots of books I borrowed from the library and I am hoping to make my first pair of socks. My oldest dd made baby socks and they are so cute. I think I'll start w/these myself. I'll update again soon.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: