Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Bath Mat Progress

This project is really stretching me. I've never worked w/2 strands before nor with cotton. It is hard on my hands but I can handle it. I've notice that I am having to be more conscious of my wrists when knitting and my left hand when crocheting this mat. Care is needed to not injure myself and to have neat work. No ripping apart for me ~ it really makes me sad to have to do that especially after the time spent doing the work.

Anyway, I've also completed another 10 x 10 square in pastel yellow which is another additional 1.5 oz or 42 grams of yarn destashed for the week. Woohoo! I am enjoying watching the projects come alive and take on shape. Oh, I even managed to detash about another 100 g to my dd ~ Riley has decided to make a rippled afghan. Unfortunately, we haven't found a pattern that suits her and we just ripped apart her first effort to try again. LOL She'll get it and I want her to get it so she doesn't give me the yarn back. ;D

Well, off to read blogs, get some typing done and back to my book & needles or hook ~ not sure which. Like having a choice. Have great evening.

No comments: