Monday, March 05, 2007

My First Free Day

Well, as you may recall, friday was my first free day during SAL. It was a lot of fun. I visited several online stores but I didn't purchase anything. I may in the future but I opted to pickup some yarn from my new fav LYS and at Walmart.

This LYS hosts a pot luck and it was fabulous. The girls tagged along, the oldest dd made homemade cupcakes then we picked up some chicken. It was a wonderfully quiet evening at the shop. The girls and I made new friends, learned some new stitches, loved the yarn and we did buy some. I even picked up a couple of skeins for my secret pal gift. No peeking ~ you will only see what I bought for my own stash enhancement and for gifting.

Red Heart Pumpkin ~ will be used to make a couple of OSU hats for my men :D

Peaches & Creme ~ will be used for home items: the large spool is for a bath mat, and the small skeins will be for making washclothes in solid colors, and dishclothes in varigated. I am hoping to use the Garterlac pattern for dishclothes. I will be using the One Skein book for the bath mat (p75).

Bernat White cotton ~ will also be used to make a bath mat but I don't think I'm making it. Sk8rChick has asked to make one so she may use that.

Debbie Bliss ~ not sure what I will do with these yet, but they are ooh so soft in lavendar and cream ~ cashmerino chunky. It will be something for myself, I think but not sure what since this is all I could find at the LYS. I may search online for more.

Here is the last one ~ its a deep purple that doesn't photograph well but hopefully you can see how rich and beautiful this hank is. I loved it the first time I saw it 2wks ago and was so happy to see it still there when I came back. I am still uncertain what I will make with it though. Any suggestions? Its Cascade Yarns "Sierra" ~ Pima Cotton and Wool (80%/20%).

I have depleted my stash by 3oz today making 2 10x10 squares for the Country Cousins Blanket. Yeah! Its a Lion Brand pattern you can see here. You must be a member to actually access the pattern but thats no big deal its worth the effort with all thats available when you do. I'll post pics of the project as I get further along. It requires 9 total squares, so I've got about 7 to go but they work up fairly quickly and will help to deplete my stash by another 9oz before I will need to purchase more yarn to finish it off. I am also planning to use some other yarn I've got to make another one and that would help to reduce the stash by at least 10oz more. Now I will need to figure what this actually totals in grams since most projects, and people I talk to, consider that more than ozs. I've always done ounces so I'm learning something new and my dc are practicing metrics in the process.

Talk w/you all soon. Have a great night.

1 comment:

MrsPurls said...

These blankets look adorable...I will look into making one for a friend that is having a baby soon!!