Thursday, March 01, 2007

Knit 1, Purl 2...

Progress is steady around here. I have managed to complete 3 squares and I'm working on the 4th one. Each is a different knit stitch which has been fun to do. I've learned a lot in the past week and am really enjoying myself. I recently joined a new KAL, "No End In Sight. . . Ripple Along" which is more for crocheting, which I love dearly and have been doing for over 30 yrs. I searched thru my stash today looking for options and am planning to use some of the remains from my knitted squares, when I found a UFO baby blanket. I started this blanket over 2 yrs ago. I have completed 30 rows in a ripple pattern that is very easy. The problem ~ boring. I began to get very tired of the same drill and the white. Man, who knew that white could wear you out and create a sense of not going anywhere. I crochet lots of baby blankets in white but this one never was finished which is too bad really. I'll work on it but with some modifications. Since I really like this ripple pattern that I have modified it to make scarves and found a UFO too when I was searching the stash pile. I'll have to put this on my "to be completed" list.

What I need to do is decide how to proceed w/the baby blanket. I would love to add a new color but should I continue from where I am or should I remove some rows then add more color. Here are some color options I am considering ~ some of the colors (blue/yellow) are projects that didn't workout that I will take apart. I also have some other colors not shown like lt pink and green:

I have not purchased any yarn and tomorrow is my free day. I am not sure that I will be able to purchase any but I will be looking and enjoying an opportunity to buy if I want. I never actually was concerned about purchasing before and after finding more skeins of yarn around the house this week, I don't think I need to purchase anything other than supplies ~ need more needles. Oh, but I will need to pick up somethings for my secret pal, that way I'll have things on hand for when it gets underway in the next couple of weeks. ;D I like being prepared, it keeps me on track especially financially now that I'm at home full-time.

Well, off to re-take the pics of the squares. I am planning to make several of these, in different stitches, and sew them together to make a baby afghan. There are now 4 friends of mine who are expecting and this will be a wonderful way to pray for and bless each family.

Talk w/you soon. Oh, yes ~ if you have suggestions for my ripple blanket, please leave me a comment. thx ;D

No comments: