Sunday, April 01, 2007

Knitting Dilemma ~ Solved

I've decided what I am going to do. I was going to order lots of yarn so that I could make several of the lovely baby things in DBs books. I was going to order yarn just to have on hand for gifts or my dc. I was going to order the least amounts since I don't know if I'll like the yarns. However, I've decided to only order a little bit and I am going to knit something for me. Yep, you read that right. For the first time, I'm going to actually make something for myself thats not a hat or scarf.

I've recently joined the "Central Park Hoodie" KAL and I will be gleaning from those creative ladies on how to make this lovely sweater. I've not decided on my yarn yet but I will either make mine in black or red. My dh likes the original color choice of yellow-green but I've never really like that particular color. Now if I don't find just what I need, then I'd consider doing the original but I've seen some lovely projects in simply beautiful colors. You can visit the blog by clicking the button in my sidebar or here. Maybe you'll join us too.

I've considered making "A Cardigan for Arwen" but I'm having difficulty locating the pattern and the IK issue it was printed in. I am not excited about ordering it from IK for $12 (that includes s&h), so thats now on hold. I have just order some DB Merino DK in Gold for a fabulous price but not sure what project I'll make yet. I've got a couple ideas to choose from, and again this will be for myself. For my No Sheep KAL, I'm considering the "Tuscany," "Morrigan," and the "No Sweat Socks" but no decision has been made yet so I've not ordered the yarn. I wll not be ordering as much yarn as I'd first considered and that is good in my book. I'll save the $ for another time and another sale.

Today, I used 40% off coupons to buy Knit Lite's #10s. I don't like them though and my dh says I should return them. They are too bright. Yes, what a complaint. I don't want to be a distract to my dh so I will probably take them back. I also was able to use a coupon to purchase Bates #10 circular needles. I had lots of fun shopping for my secret pal too. I'm putting her first box together this weekend and will send it out next week. I can't wait for her to get it. My dc want me to send them things and you know thats not a bad idea. We'll see, they've also joined a couple of kals and swaps now. My oldest dd and visited our fav LYS today. I picked up a skein of Cascade 220 in yellow, a couple of skeins of Samba and she let me use her yarn winder. I've gotta get me one of those but it would take away the fun of visiting her shop. Hmm, things to consider for sure. Sk8rChick used her coupon to buy the newest Crochet Today magazine and she's already started planning her projects. LOL

Yesterday, I visited another LYS and picked up back issues of KnitScene. I was glad too because I managed to get both for half off and got the one with the CPH pattern in it. Dh wants me to make him "Vegemite" and that may happen. Who knew he would find something he liked. I didn't, besides I was still trying to find something I liked. ;D So, I'll be very busy the next few months and SAL will come in handy to keep me on track for it all.
Gotta go now, need to post about my fav yarn and some other things.
Have a great Sunday!

No comments: