Sunday, September 02, 2007

~ Christmas Around the World Questionaire ~

Woohoo ~ its time to get ready for our christmas swap. Here is my questionaire ~ I'm looking forward to seeing what my partner puts together, thx ;D

Are you religious?
hmm, depends on what you mean by religious.
How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced?
Consistently since jan 07, I am an advanced beginner.
Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting?
Yes, several ~ cross-stitch, bird watching, reading, volunteering.
Favorite color(s)?
Reds
Do you collect anything?
Lighthouses, books, sea shells and cups.
Are you allergic to any fibers or animals?
Some cat dander.
Do you have any pets?
Yes, a 2yo german shephard mix called "poochie" though his name is dude jr.
Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate?
All are enjoyed.
Cookies or Sweets?
Yes, fav cookies ~ butter, sugar, chocolate, chocolate chip and sweets ~ oh chocolate is the fav but I like brownies too.
Do you knit socks?
Yes ~ I'm starting a new pair today ~ garter bar socks by sockbug.
If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits)
I like to knit dishcloths too.
Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do?
Yes.
Favorite holiday treats?
Butter and sugar cookies, mint and peanut mix, pound cake w/strawberries and whip topping, sweet potatoe and pumpkin pie, pie a la mode ~ apple w/vanilla, apple, cranberry and cinammon crisp, cinammon rolls, oh we could go on and on here. don't forget the eggnog, speciality coffee's like Starbucks Christmas blend and hot chocolate.
Favorite holiday smells?
Vanilla, cinammon and peppermint.
Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate.
I would say we celebrate in a traditional way ~ we wrap presents, play christmas music, play games and eat snacks, have a family dinner on christmas day, but open presents at midnight and sleep in.
What are your favorite holiday traditions?
Preparation of christmas dinner, decorating the christmas tree ~ each year is a different color theme that I also carry into the house decoration to include our door wreath, buying a new ornament each year and making handmade gifts ~ now I get to add knitted items to these.
Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....”
spending time with my family, preparing homemade treats, enjoyment of shopping, the pleasure of giving and the rememberance of the true giver ~ my Lord and Savior.
If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….?
A star.
What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given?
I don't have one favorite received or given ~ there are several that stand out especially the years I made my girls new dresses; or our first year in Ok when we had very little $ and I made each of my children a personal pillow. So many, maybe one day I'll write them down for memories sake.
When do you start your Christmas?
We now start 2wks before. In the past, it was christmas eve because dh's b-day in the 23rd. I start shopping in either Jan or Sept, if I miss the early shopping I have to wait til after Da Boy's birthday to shop (3 b-days from may - sept) though I don't pass up great buys along the way.
Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them?
Oh, I've tried to send them but usually only my cyber friends get them now by email. I've several lovely cards but they've never left the house. One year, I even signed them, address them and they still sit in the box.
What is your favorite Christmas dish?
Cornbread stuffing and gravy ~ yes, I know not really a christmas dish but my fav.
Carolers are at your door. What do you do?
Open the door and sing along.
When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning?
Actually its midnight, just after christmas eve and early christmas morning.
Do you celebrate with family or friends or both?
Mostly with family.

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

Thanks so much for sharing Dawn! Sounds like you have a lot of sweet favorite holiday treats! I'm all about the sweets too :) And, we also call our dogs "poochie"! Hope you're enjoying the swap so far and thanks for filling out your questionnaire!