Friday, June 20, 2008

~ SP12 Q#2 ~

As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday?


Most summers I would be shipped to VA to spend time with my relatives but it was more fun to stay home, without the relatives that would be shipped to my house, and do whatever I wanted. Growing up in NYC had a lot of advantages ~ walking cross bridges eating ice cream; window shopping at Macy’s, Gimbles and various other stores in and near 42nd St; roller skating everywhere; eating pizza and playing video games; making up games and playing pieces with candle wax in container tops; and the list goes on and on. Though I could and did do all of these, I loved going to the library the most. The only time I could go and really enjoy being there was in the summer. I guess this is why I go very often now especially in the summer. ;D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I grew up in NYC too although Gimble's closed down when I was very small. My mom worked there as a teenager. I haven't been back to NYC since 2003 and boy do I miss it!